We had a wonderful outing to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium just before Thanksgiving. We went with a home schooling group that the Westons belong to. Tanner liked to watch the diver feed the fish. We all liked the sea horse exhibit and learned a lot about tide pool animals. The aquarium has an AWESOME section for kids. There is a little baby zone that has a giant water bed that the babies can roll on, and a little water fountain that Parker couldn't get enough of.
With the holidays upon us we have had a blast. Thanksgiving was at home this year. Darryl took charge of the Turkey and I did the side stuff. We outsourced a few of the sides to our friends the Hancocks for the remainder of the trimmings.
Work for Darryl has been crazy with all of the year end projects coming to a close. He's been working with Dreyer's ice cream lately and will often get samples...not too bad. His client in Sacramento is pushing to finish a new computer program and they have to get about 1000 parts finished before the first of the year, so Darryl has put in a ton of time with them too. We see him when we can and he is looking forward to some much needed time off for Christmas.
I am still my crazy self with about a dozen irons in the fire. I'm the gardening group leader for our relief society and recently we had a fun group/potluck lunch at one of group member's homes. She does some great stuff in her garden. There is a company in Fremont that will deliver a load of compost to your house for free. She took them up on the offer and they brought her a whole driveway full of chopped up trees and bushes. She spread the compost between her beds in the garden to used it to cover the walking paths. We walked all over her garden and it worked great to keep our feet from getting muddy and to define the walking areas. I think I want to incorporate the idea.
Recently I've been doing a lot of interpreting. One slightly strange experience happened at a mental institution. I had a job fairly late in the evening and I had parked on the wrong side of the building. When the appointment finished I had to walk across this big parking lot by myself. I wasn't thrilled about the idea especially since there are guards posted at a few of the entrances and creepy trees and bushes all around the building. I couldn't find an escort, so I called Darryl on the phone and gave him my exact location and told him if anything happened then he should call for help. I think I could hear his eyes rolling at me, but the place gave me the creeps. I told the agency I'm not up for any more late evening jobs there. In all I like interpreting and have a goal to certify nationally within the coming year. We'll see if that happens in 2010.
We are excitedly getting ready for Christmas and we look forward to visiting with family and friends. We hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!
I love that there are no ornaments on the bottom 1/3 of your tree. Just means you have a little one at home. =o) How awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are busy and busier. It's crazy. We sure are going to miss you!