We had a beautiful November this year. All the way up to Thanksgiving we had awesome weather. Our neighborhood is awesome because the kids are outside playing in the street everyday that they can. They ride bikes and scooters and climb the trees and jump on the trampoline. We love that all of those are still options even in November.

One weekend we took a little trip back to the bay area for some fun. We went to the Children's Museum and Zoo in Palo Alto. We went with the Winmill family because their dad had drill the same weekend as Darryl, so we decided to get the families together. The kids loved the exploration exhibits and Tanner especially liked riding the bike to make the lights turn on. The exhibit demonstrated electrical current based on wind power. After our little outing we went to Subway for lunch then back to Fremont where the kids played the afternoon away.
My biggest highlight was going to the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour.

Darryl gave me tickets for my birthday. It was a hard wait for the evening of the event, but it was worth it. We went to the show with the Linewebbers. They are friends from KPMG, and she and I share a love and background in dance. Darryl scored on our tickets. We had floor seats about 10 rows back. I went crazy for a few numbers. One of the best was a hip hop with 3 guys. All of them are AMAZING break dancers and did things I have never seen before. I was on my feet before the music even ended. I think I was horse from screaming so loud. I'm sure the other people around thought I was a bit nuts, but I had a great time. We went out for frozen yogurt after the show, then made our way home.
Darryl is still liking his work with KPMG and the Army. He's playing basketball once or twice a week at the church. His soldiers love having a straightforward commander and it's nice to get some positive feedback from the Army. Darryl was also called to be the financial clerk for the ward and has been busy with Church financial matters as the year comes to an end.
Tanner has been busy with gymnastics and preschool.

His class had a Thanksgiving feast and they made pilgrim hats and the parents brought potluck dishes for the feast. I had to laugh a little bit at the things people brought. I laughed only because it was so indicative of the diversity of the kids in the class. We had a roasted fish (complete with head and eyeballs), 3 kinds of rice, cookies, an interesting Indian dish, crackers, pasta, and mixed vegetables. Parker had a lot of fun exploring the classroom and sampling a bite of several things.

Parker is 20 months old this month, and he is so curious about everything. I couldn't pass up the chance to have some photos taken of him while we were in Fremont. Janine always does such an amazing job of capturing the personality and joy of our family. The photos were taken at the beautiful Vallejo Mill park near the canyon.

No comments:
Post a Comment