We have definitely had our hands full for the last several weeks. With a move and new baby, it has really kept us on our toes. Our little family is growing and changing and we love it!
Parker Richard Seely was born on March 4th at 2:13 pm after about 8 hours of labor (much better than the 26 hours with Tanner!). Dr. Elizabeth Kurkjian was wonderful. Things went very smoothly with the delivery and I had all the help I could handle because I was the only woman in labor that day and several nursing students were visiting from the local college. I had plenty of coaches and Darryl at my side. Tanner spent the day with our wonderful friends the Stouts and had a lot of fun with them. Parker was born weighing 7 lbs 13 oz (the same as Darryl) and measured in at 19 inches long. However we went to the pediatrician today and he was remeasured at 20.5 inches long. I don't think he grew 1.5 inches in 6 days. I think he's just trying to measure up to his dad (21 inches at birth). So far he's right on track.
Parker is a great eater and sleeper during the day. Darryl is home on paternity leave until March 18th. It's wonderful that Tanner has a buddy and Darryl can help with some of the baby entertaining at night. As you can see it's taking a lot out of him.
I'm recovering well. I have my good days and bad. It's hard for me to stay so sedentary, but I really feel it if I overdue my activity level.
Tanner has been enjoying the new little brother.I'm recovering well. I have my good days and bad. It's hard for me to stay so sedentary, but I really feel it if I overdue my activity level.
Darryl is keeping busy with Tanner and getting odd jobs done around the house. His latest project is a workbench in the garage.
The last couple of days have been sunny and chilly, but beautiful enough to be outside for some fresh air. The starts to our garden are just coming up. Tanner helped me plant them about 2 weeks ago. We'll be tilling the dirt this week in hopes of planting next week. I love to work in the yard and I'm glad I can do a little at a time as I recover.
We hope you are all doing great. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. If your in the neighborhood stop by and be sure to come hold this new little munchkin!
Hooray! I love the pictures.
ReplyDelete*Unsolicited advice: Teach Parker to sleep through Tanner's noise. Tanner will be happier, Parker will be happier, and you'll be MUCH happier later, I promise!! :)
Love you guys...
Yeah! Congrats! He is darling! Enjoy that baby.
ReplyDeleteI Love the picture of Tanner holding Parker. What a proud big brother. Again Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHe is seriously the cutest newborn baby boy!! I"m glad he's sleeping well for you during the day! :) LOL And that picture with Tanner and Parker is ADORABLE!! So sweet and melts my heart! I'm glad you're feeling better and better, how nice to have your hubby around for so long to help! We love you guys so much!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures already!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful boy! He is so healthy looking and just so adorable. We are excited to meet the little guy. Your pictures are awesome! We miss you guys! Good luck with planting. Isn't spring amazing?!
ReplyDelete