Our biggest event recently was camping during Memorial Day weekend. We went on the trip with some friends from church. The Crane family has 3 boys and a girl. Their youngest boy is Tanner's age and the two of them play so well together. We went up to Rucker Lake in the Sierra Nevada mountains. The young women will be going there this summer so in exchange for the opportunity to camp there, we did a little bit of trail prep, cleaning and general maintenance. We stayed Saturday until Monday and had a wonderful time.
We are hoping to go camping a few more times this summer, the boys seem to do just fine and it will get even more fun as they get older.
Summer is shaping up to be pretty fun. We are planning some fun "field trips" with friends to see the local sights and take in some of the festivals and fairs around this area. Tanner is also working toward a trip to the new Fremont water park. He has a nice jar and naughty jar that he fills with buttons depending on his behavior. If he can get 20 buttons in the nice jar then we can go to the water park. So far he's doing pretty well it seems to be very motivating, so hopefully on the next really hot day we can hit the water park.
Darryl has been working with a new client in San Francisco. He is looking around at other National Guard units in hopes that he can find a great spot to slide into when he is promoted to Captain later this summer. He is also hoping to find a unit that will not need to deploy again before he's finished with his commitment in 2012. In all his spare time he is prospecting real estate. He is constantly on the hunt for our next property or group of properties. It's like a big treasure hunt and he does well at it. Who knows where we will find the next one.
I have had some changes come my way. I will be returning to the hospital for a few shifts a month. I've been getting back up to speed on my nursing stuff, and I'm pretty excited to get back in the medical game. I've also been teaching at the dance studio and we had our year end concert. I didn't choreograph for this years show, so I helped out back stage with the little kids. It made me miss performing, but also reminded me why I don't want to have my own studio. The parents are brutal! The dress rehearsal was a disaster, but the show was wonderful. My favorite dancers were the 3 year olds. There were 6 little girls dressed as flowers and one of the older students was the gardener with a watering can. Their dance started with the little girls curled up in a ball and when they were watered they grew and started spinning. I came home wanting to have a little girl. Hopefully someday!!
Life is good for us. We are busy and happy. Tanner is a bit under the weather this weekend, but overall things are going just great. We love it when people come to visit us and help us enjoy this beautiful weather. (hint hint)
Happy June!!
No comments:
Post a Comment