Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of Preschool!


Fall has begun and Tanner started preschool for the first time this morning. He was so excited he had his backpack and family photo for the teacher, and he drew his own picture to hang up in the classroom. Tanner LOVED preschool. He has a lovely British woman named Heather as his teacher. His class has 20 kids in it and he already made some friends. I like the school because it focuses on socialization. That is Tanner in a nutshell.
Lately he has loved reading books from the library and cutting and gluing. He had a fun time making a card for Nana's birthday and of course we had to show off his muscles a little bit because he loves to be a super hero.
Parker went for his 6 month check up today. He weighs in at 14 lbs 2 oz and he's 26 inches long. His growth has really leveled off and I think it may be because he has a very busy brother that is teaching him all the ropes. The great thing about Parker is his smile! He is one happy guy. He loves to be part of everything and he can army crawl everywhere now, so he just takes off across the floor until he gets to a barrier he can't get over then he will either cry or roll a different direction.

We recently had some family photos taken. That was a lot of fun, we love Janine for her skills behind the lens. Tanner and Parker took turns looking all over the place and Parker grabbed and ate most of the plants nearby. My favorite shot of the day was of our feet. This photo of Tanner next to Darryl's leg is a perfect snapshot of Tanner's favorites all in one. He never wants to be without his car, whole pants, brown shoes and it's hard these days to keep a shirt on him that hasn't been chewed on. The only thing missing is gum, maybe that's why he likes the shirt--who knows!
Darryl has been SUPER busy with work and military. He has had to be in Sacramento for work quite a lot and this month has had drill and annual training for 2 weeks. His work in Sacramento is more along the lines of the work he's interested in. He has also been kept in his 349th Guard Unit with a new drive for making things better for his soldiers. He is also continuing to take classes for his real estate license and mostly enjoys that work. We may be on the hunt for our own piece of property.....yeah one we actually live on...we will see!
I have been busy with a little bit of nursing, quite a bit of interpreting, not enough dancing (but my one class was full on Thursday!) and a whole lot of Mothering with 2 VERY busy boys. Things are progressing, and I'm tired a lot. I like to be busy so that's how I roll. We are eating lots of fun things from our garden and I have bell peppers and zucchini coming out my ears. Our zucchini has taken over the garden anyway so it might as well produce something.
My other biggest task to this point has been the sacrament meeting primary program. This is the 6th program I've written and I learn something new every time. The kids were very squirrely and rambunctious for the practice on Saturday, but on Sunday morning they were all wonderful and well behaved and prepared. I was so impressed with some of the kids memorizing their parts and all of the talks were in their own words, so it showed their personalities. I loved being part of it. I'm exhausted and satisfied.



3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you STILL have a calling in Primary (didn't you back in nursing school too?)...anyway, I also am writing a Primary Program, so I can't imagine doing six of them :) Glad to hear you are doing well and your family pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great family pictures! I love the one of you all together. You have such adorable boys. And whew! Just reading about all you are doing wore me out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute pictures Sharman. Janine does good work! Your boys are adorable. I'm glad Tanner is loving pre-school - that is so good for him to get out and socialize.

    ReplyDelete