Darryl is worn out. Luckily work is not all that strenuous, but he does have a lot to accomplish so it has been taking up all his time. We are still waiting on some future job change options, but for now we are in the thick of the busy season and will continue one until at least the end of the year.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Happy October
Time flies when your having fun...or stressed out. Either way I can't believe it is already well into October. Our family is cruising right along and celebrating having Darryl home finally! He has had to work every single day since Labor Day and today we finally had the chance to get up late, eat waffles and hang out. Darryl even took Tanner to the air show in San Fran today.
Tanner is a wonderful little guy with so much energy. He loves preschool and especially the instruments (they sing with little instruments like violins, guitars, tamborines) He always wants me to sing with him, but I haven't learned the songs. He also says some funny stuff. Whenever he wants something and I say no he says, "Come on Mom!" I also got frustrated one day and said, "Tanner I'm so frustrated I'm going to tear my hair out." He looked at me sideways and said, "Don't do that...it hurts." This week we built a rocket ship in the backyard that Tanner said will take us to Nana's and Grandma's houses. They live far away in "OOtah and Ida-who"
Parker is now fully mobile. He is my very best dust mop.
He can climb the one step in our house and he can go from one end of the house to the other. His favorite spot is under Tanner's bed so many times I will find him kicking at the bed posts and cooing from underneath. He laughs really hard when you startle him and he is very ticklish. He loves to eat and started on some solid foods. So far his favorite is sweet potatoes and likes to get it all over the place. Recently he's had a bit of a cold. I think it comes from his other favorite pass time of sucking on shoes.
My big news was my 30th birthday. It was weird planning my own party, so I kept it simple.
We had some friends over for dinner, then went bowling (we had 7 kids in total) so bowling was a safe bet. Darryl helped me bowl while I held a sleeping baby. In my honor he bowled a XX Turkey.
After bowling we came back here for ice-cream cake then called it a night. 3 decades WOW!
Darryl is worn out. Luckily work is not all that strenuous, but he does have a lot to accomplish so it has been taking up all his time. We are still waiting on some future job change options, but for now we are in the thick of the busy season and will continue one until at least the end of the year.
Darryl is worn out. Luckily work is not all that strenuous, but he does have a lot to accomplish so it has been taking up all his time. We are still waiting on some future job change options, but for now we are in the thick of the busy season and will continue one until at least the end of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun stuff! Love the update and love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe October is here already. Here comes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then you'll have to change your blog backdrop to 2010. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteI got your message the other day. Sorry I haven't called you back. Life is a lot busier with two kids. =o) It's awesome though. I love it. We'll have to plan sometime soon for Mallory to play. You're so wonderful!
Love the update. Glad you had a great birthday! Glad Zachary and you can share a birthday like Darryl and I do! =o)
You need to read the books PARTS and MORE PARTS. They are kids books that describe the things adults say that confuse kids. The illustrations are great. You will laugh, especially because Tanner understands just enough not to understand.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like it was a nice day. Your boys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sharman! Glad you are doing wel and D is home!
ReplyDelete