To bring in 2011 we invited our friends the Valdez family and Ryan family over to our house for some dinner and games, then we shot off some popping fireworks in the back yard. The kids were so cute and loved pulling the cords with the streamers flying out. Parker didn't like all the noise so he watched through the window with me.
The month brought some beautiful weather, so we took advantage of the sunshine and got some work done around the house. We painted the interior main level. We invited the missionaries to come over to help for community service. One of the elders is Marshallese.
We also did a lot of work on the back yard.
I took on some fun new projects. I recently started interpreting for a new agency called Eaton Interpreting Services. I interpret at 2 community colleges for classes this semester. One is here in Elk Grove and the other in Stockton. The classes are fairly interesting and I like putting my skills back to work. I also registered for my National Interpreters exam and the only available time is in October of this year.
A new year always brings some thoughts about goals and ambitions, so this year we want to have a baby, work on our house, Darryl plans to take the GMAT for grad school, and I want to pass the NIC exam for ASL. Tanner wants to continue with Gymnastics and learn to read. Parker wants to do everything Tanner does. It should be a busy and fun year.
No comments:
Post a Comment